Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded nearly $3 million dollars in scholarships to more than 1,600 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
2022 Foundation scholarship awards. 2022 Foundation Scholarship awards were announced on December 19, 2022. Scholarships were awarded to selected applicants to help cover direct, out of pocket expenses for tuition, fees, books, and supplies incurred during the period January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022. These expenses can only be submitted if not covered by other forms of payment, such as financial aid or grants. School loans are considered as an authorized expenditure. However, proof of loan payment is required. Awardees receive the scholarship award in two installments and are required to complete a scholarship expenditure form documenting how they spent their full scholarship award prior to receiving their second installment.
2022 Application and Selection Criteria
- Be employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association member nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year;
- Received above average performance evaluations from applicant's supervisor;
- Be pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community; and
- Be enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the period January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
Required Components of the 2022 Scholarship Application
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation from applicant’s direct supervisor or manager describing why s/he believed the applicant has the skills, attitudes, and commitment to achieve their professional goals.
- Proof of Enrollment/Acceptance: Must submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if already enrolled, a copy of most recent transcript (an “official” copy not required).
If you have any questions regarding the Foundation scholarship program, please contact Denise DeSimone at email@example.com.
View an inspirational video featuring several Foundation Scholars