The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation's annual scholarship program assists long term care staff in meeting their personal and professional goals through furthering their education. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded $2.9 million in scholarships to nearly 1,600 "Foundation Scholars" across Massachusetts.
The Foundation scholarships are from $500 to $2,000 will be awarded to selected applicants to help cover direct, out of pocket expenses for tuition, fees, books and supplies during the 2019 calendar year.
Individuals who wish to apply for a scholarship must:
1) be currently employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association member nursing facility, residential care facility, certified assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year.
2) received above average supervisory evaluations
3) are pursuing licensure, certification or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in long term care; and
4) are currently enrolled or have been accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the 2019 calendar year (January 2019 through December 2019).
5) Please note that prior Foundation Scholars are not eligible to apply for a 2019 Foundation Scholarship
The application and all required components must be submitted in one packet and received by Mass Senior Care Foundation no later than 4:00 pm on Wednesday, May 22, 2019. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed or considered.
For more information about the Scholarship Program, please contact Denise DeSimone.
2019 Platinum Sponsor