Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes Campaign is a coalition-based initiative to make nursing homes better places to live, work, and visit. Created in 2006 by a partnership of 28 organizations, the goals of this national initiative are to:
- help nursing homes improve clinical outcomes
- enhance quality of life for residents
- lead to a stronger, happier and more stable work force
In Massachusetts, 401 or 96% of the state’s nursing facilities, have registered for the campaign, far exceeding the 60% national participation level.
The Campaign works to achieve its mission by:
- Helping nursing facilities make a difference in the lives of residents and staff by focusing on nine goals related to its mission. The nine goals focus on both organizational and clinical outcomes.
- Providing free, practical and evidence-based resources to support quality improvement efforts in America’s nursing homes.
- Providing support to those on the frontlines of nursing home care, and promoting open communication and transparency among families, residents, and nursing home staff.
The Commonwealth’s facilities receive direct support from the Local Area Networks for Excellence (LANE)
, whose purpose is to provide leadership and guidance for the Campaign at the local level. The LANE
for Massachusetts is the Massachusetts Culture Change Coalition of which Mass Senior Care Foundation is a founding member.
For information on the Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes contact Helen Magliozzi, Director of Regulatory Affairs