Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education to achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1987, the Foundation has awarded $2.6 million dollars in scholarships to nearly 1,500 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
Application and Selection Criteria
Individuals who wish to apply for up to a $2,000 Foundation Scholarship must:
- be currently employed by a Massachusetts licensed nursing facility or certified assisted living residence;
- have worked in a licensed nursing facility or certified assisted living residence for at least one year;
- have received above average evaluations from their supervisor;
- be pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility or certified assisted living residence and;
- be currently enrolled or accepted into an accredited educational program or pre-requisite course during the 2015-2016 (Summer Semester 2015 through Spring Semester 2016)
To be considered, eligible candidates must:
- Complete an application and write a brief essay including a biographical sketch and description of their career goals;
- Provide a recommendation from their direct supervisor or manager, and have the application signed by their facility's administrator or executive director;
- Submit proof of enrollment into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if currently enrolled, a copy of their most recent transcript (an “official” copy is not required)
2014 Foundation Scholars
In July 2014 the Foundation awarded scholarships to 50 long term care workers from a group of nearly 300 applicants. Click here for the list of 2014 Foundation Scholars.
For more information about the program, please contact Denise DeSimone at email@example.com Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not
constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.