The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education to achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded $2.7 million dollars in scholarships to nearly 1,600 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
The 2017 Application and Selection Criteria
apply for a 2017 Foundation Scholarship if you:
- are currently employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association
member nursing facility, rest home, certified assisted living residence or
continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings
for at least one year
- have received above average performance evaluations from
- are pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field
directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, rest home, certified
assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community
- are currently enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the 2017 academic year (January 2017 through December 2017)
note: prior Foundation Scholars are not
eligible to apply for a 2017 Foundation Scholarship.
Required Components of Application
1. Completed Application Form signed by Facility Administrator/Executive Director
2. Personal Essay
3. Recommendation Requirements: To be completed by your direct supervisor or manager
a) Supervisor Evaluation Form
b) Supervisor Letter of Recommendation
4. Proof of Enrollment/Acceptance: You must submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if currently enrolled, a copy of your most recent transcript (an “official” copy is not required).
For the 2017 Mass Senior Care Foundation Scholarship application click here.
The application and all required components must be submitted in one packet by postal mail, fax, or email. All application materials must be received by Mass Senior Care Foundation no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed or considered.
For more information, contact Denise DeSimone at email@example.com.
Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.