Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education to achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded $2.7 million dollars in scholarships to nearly 1,600 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
Scholarships are awarded to selected applicants to help cover direct, out of pocket expenses for tuition, fees, books, and supplies during the academic year. These expenses can only be submitted if not covered by other forms of payment, such as financial aid or grants. School loans are considered as an authorized expenditure. Awardees will receive the scholarship award in two installments and are required to complete a scholarship expenditure form documenting how they spent their full scholarship award prior to receiving their second installment.
Application and Selection Criteria
- applicant must be employed by a Massachusetts Senior Care Association
member nursing facility, rest home, certified assisted living residence or
continuing care retirement community and have worked in one of those settings
for at least one year
- have received above average performance evaluations from
- are pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field
directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, rest home, certified
assisted living residence or continuing care retirement community
- are enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the academic year (January through December)
Required Components of Application
- Completed Application Form signed by Facility Administrator/Executive Director
- Personal Essay
- Recommendation Requirements: To be completed by direct supervisor or manager
a.)Supervisor Evaluation Form
b.) Supervisor Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of Enrollment/Acceptance: Must submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if already enrolled, a copy of most recent transcript (an “official” copy is not required).
For the 2018 Mass Senior Care Foundation Scholarship application, please check back in February, 2018.
For more information, contact Denise DeSimone at email@example.com.
Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.