Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education to achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded $2.7 million dollars in scholarships to more than 1,500 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
In June 2016 the Foundation awarded scholarships to 40 long term care workers from a group of nearly 250 applicants. Click here to see the list of 2016 Scholars.
The 2016 Application and Selection Criteria
In 2016, individuals who applied for up to a $2,500 Foundation Scholarship needed to:
- be currently employed by a Massachusetts licensed nursing facility, rest home or certified assisted living residence and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year;
- receive above average performance evaluations from their supervisor;
- be pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, rest home or certified assisted living residence and;
- be currently enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the academic year.
Prior Foundation Scholars were eligible to apply provided they met all eligibility criteria and application requirements, and returned the required Expenditure Form from their prior scholarship award.
To be considered, eligible candidates had to:
- Complete an application and write a brief essay including a biographical sketch and description of their career goals;
- Provide a recommendation from their direct supervisor or manager, and have the application signed by their facility's administrator or executive director;
- Submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if already enrolled, provide a copy of their most recent transcript (an “official” copy was not required)
For more information, contact Denise DeSimone at email@example.com
Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.