Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education to achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded $2.7 million dollars in scholarships to more than 1,500 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
Application and Selection Criteria
Individuals who wish to apply for up to a $2,500 Foundation Scholarship must:
- be currently employed by a Massachusetts licensed nursing facility, rest home or certified assisted living residence and have worked in one of those settings for at least one year
- have received above average performance evaluations from their supervisor;
- be pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility, rest home or certified assisted living residence and;
- be currently enrolled or accepted into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s) during the 2016 academic year (January 2016 through December 2016)
Prior Foundation Scholars may apply provided they meet all eligibility criteria and application requirements, and have returned the required Expenditure Form from their prior scholarship award.
To be considered, eligible candidates must:
For a copy of the 2016 Foundation Scholarship materials, please click the links below:
- Complete an application and write a brief essay including a biographical sketch and description of their career goals;
- Provide a recommendation from their direct supervisor or manager, and have the application signed by their facility's administrator or executive director;
- Submit a letter of acceptance into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if currently enrolled, a copy of their most recent transcript (an “official” copy is not required)
In July 2015 the Foundation awarded scholarships to 49 long term care workers from a group of nearly 250 applicants. Click here for the list of 2015 Foundation Scholars.
For more information about the program, please contact Denise DeSimone at email@example.com
Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.