Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation has awarded nearly $2.5 million dollars in scholarships to over 1,400 deserving long-term care staff since 1987. The annual scholarship program is funded through the generosity of long term care providers, related businesses and community. The Mass Senior Care Foundation Scholarship program assists long term care employees in meeting their professional goals through continuing their education. This also helps to achieve the profession-wide objective of building an experienced, skilled workforce. Workers awarded scholarships are called Foundation Scholars.
Application and Selection of Foundation Scholars
Scholarships of up to $2,000 are available for people currently employed full or part time by a nursing facility or assisted living residence in Massachusetts who have:
- worked in long term care for at least one year;
- received above average evaluations from their supervisors and;
- are enrolled or have been accepted into an accredited education program, or have applied and are awaiting acceptance into an accredited institution.
To be considered, eligible candidates must:
- Complete an application and write a brief essay including a biographical sketch and description of their career goals and;
- Provide a recommendation from their supervisor, and have the approval of their facility’s administrator or executive director.
Applications are reviewed and recipients are selected by a panel of scholarship judges representing the senior care, academic and workforce development fields.
2013 Foundation Scholars
Scholarships have recently been awarded to 51 long term care workers, selected from a group of over 400 applicants. Click here for the list of 2013 Foundation Scholars.
Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.