Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program
The Massachusetts Senior Care Foundation Scholarship Program assists long term care employees seeking to further their education to achieve their professional and personal goals. Since 1987, the Foundation has awarded $2.7 million dollars in scholarships to more than 1,500 deserving long term care staff, known as “Foundation Scholars.” The annual program, funded through the generosity of long term care providers and related organizations, supports the Foundation's mission to promote the development of a skilled and committed workforce.
Application and Selection Criteria
Individuals who wish to apply for up to a $2,000 Foundation Scholarship must:
- be currently employed by a Massachusetts licensed nursing facility or certified assisted living residence;
- have worked in a licensed nursing facility or certified assisted living residence for at least one year;
- have received above average evaluations from their supervisor;
- be pursuing licensure, certification, or an advanced degree in a field directly related to careers in a licensed nursing facility or certified assisted living residence and;
- be enrolled or accepted into an accredited educational program or pre-requisite course.
To be considered, eligible candidates must:
Applications for the 2016 Massachusettes Senior Care Foundation Scholarship will be available in February 2016.
- Complete an application and write a brief essay including a biographical sketch and description of their career goals;
- Provide a recommendation from their direct supervisor or manager, and have the application signed by their facility's administrator or executive director;
- Submit proof of enrollment into an accredited program or pre-requisite course(s), or if currently enrolled, a copy of their most recent transcript (an “official” copy is not required)
2015 Foundation Scholars
In July 2015 the Foundation awarded scholarships to 49 long term care workers from a group of nearly 250 applicants. Click here for the list of 2015 Foundation Scholars.
For more information about the program, please contact Denise DeSimone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Scholarship and Financial Assistance Opportunities
Below you will find links providing scholarship, loan and grant information. Please note that the placement of these links on the Mass Senior Care web page does not constitute an endorsement of any of the sites.